Actual rates charge an hourly or daily amount based on attendance. A student must have check-in/check-out records for the posting period in order to be billed. Scheduled days are not taken into account - only time from the clock. The rate lives on the student, not the schedule or the class. Multiple tuition rates based on actual attendance can lead to over-posting of student tuition.
- Point to Tools and click Edit Settings on the menu bar
- Select Tuition Rates from the menu on the left.
- Click the Add Tuition Rate button.
- Fill in the Rate details and Save.
Actual Rate Details
- Tuition Rate Name: This will be visible on account Statements: name it something meaningful to both you and the parents (30 character limit).
- Tuition Cycle: This groups students together when you post Tuition Fees. A simple way to think of it is "How often do families get billed for attendance?" Go to Tools > Edit Settings > Drop-down Lists to add, edit or delete values.
- Rate Based On: Actual
- Tuition Rate: (Amount): This is the dollar amount that the rate charges.
- Per: Should the amount be calculated per Day or Hour? Per Day rates are a flat fee for daily attendance, minus any discounts.
- Round Times: Should extra time on the clock round to the Next or Nearest quantity of minutes? See Tuition Rate Settings.
- Each Day: Adds up the extra minutes each day and rounds accordingly.
- Each Time Period: Adds up the extra minutes each posting period (Attendance Dates in Post Student Tuition Fees) and rounds accordingly.
- Round Amounts: Should the final amount billed round the Next or Nearest amount? See Tuition Rate Settings.