- Customer purchased an item in the pro shop and paid by check.
- The item is returned for a full refund to be issued on the organization's check #10201.
- The item will be added back to inventory.
- Click the R on the payment line.
- If needed, change the Post Date.
- Select check from the Refund Method drop-down and record the Refund Check #.
- Check the Merchandise item and leave the Refund Amt at 45.00.
- Leave the Return Qty at 1.
- Click Next.
- Click Next in the Are Fees Still Due? window (store items cannot be marked as still due and buttons will be inactive).
- Because the item will be added back to inventory leave Add Back Qty on Hand checked in the Are Items Going Back Into Inventory? window.
- Click Submit Refund.
On the store Transactions tab ...
- A Refund - Merchandise has been added for $45 and a Refund Adjustment has been added so that the store's balance is correct.
- The balance of the store account remains at $0.
- The R icon is no longer visible for the payment because it has been completely refunded.
On the Sales Detail store report ...
- The return of the item is recorded. (The Qty returned is added back to the item's Qty on Hand.)