A Jackrabbit database can maintain as many User IDs as needed. There is no limit to the number of users that are added to your database but there is a limit to the number of users that are logged in at the same time (concurrent users). Each Jackrabbit user must have her/her own unique User ID. Each enrollment, drop, and transaction entered by a User will have the specific User ID associated with it.
A User ID must be unique throughout Jackrabbit's entire application (meaning that the ID cannot be in use by any other Jackrabbit customer). When creating a User ID, Jackrabbit will advise if a duplicate has been selected. If this message is received, please try creating a different User ID.
When creating User IDs, Jackrabbit recommends the format of first initial and last name. Example: John Doe = jdoe. If this User ID format is already in use, try the full first name and last name. We recommend that a User ID be fairly short.
- To add users, point to Tools and click Manage Users & Permissions.
- Click the Add User button.
- Enter a New User ID and click the Is Available button to see if this ID is already in use.
- Enter a password and re-enter it.
- Add a first name, last name, and an email address.