Jackrabbit offers visibility into the activities of each User ID.
- Optimize collaboration with the ability to see which User ID has performed a task.
- Provide an audit trail for transactions entered, deleted, or edited.
For each action a User takes in Jackrabbit, an 'event' is created and logged. These events are reported in the activity logs.
Examples of User actions and the corresponding event name:
|Edit a transaction||JT_EditTrans|
|Delete a transaction||JT_DeleteTransaction|
|Create a payment transaction||JT_PmtTrans|
View a Specific User's Activity
You can view a User's recent activity from within their User ID profile (Tools menu > Manager Users & Permissions) you are able to quickly access a log of their recent activity.
This is only a recent activity view, not all activity is logged and activity is only kept for a limited time. Older user activity may be preserved in offline database backups. Send a support request if you need older activity.
View Activity for All Users
View the activity of all Users at once using Search User Activity from the Tools menu. Use Search Criteria to search for a specific date range, User ID, Event, or Description.
You want to see a log of all edits made from November 1st to date.
- Select the date range of 11/1/2019 to 11/15/2019 and enter JT_EditTrans in the Event field.
The results will display information including which User made the edit, what time the edit was done, a description of the changes made, and links to information about the Family, Student, Class, and Transaction.
Click on the links to see the details.
Tips for Searching Activity
- Use a keyword to search with the Event criteria, for example "edit" or "delete"
- To find out what the event name associated with an action is, a little testing can get you the answer. While logged into Jackrabbit, perform the action you are looking to search on and then head over to Tools > Search User Activity and search for the current activity of your User ID. Make note of the event name given to the action you performed.