What is a Refund?
In Jackrabbit, a refund is defined as when a customer is returned real monies, rather than being given an account credit. See Post a Non-Monetary Credit for information on posting account credits.
The way a refund is completed is dependent on the following:
- the type of payment used originally (cash, check, credit card, bank account)
- whether the payment will be fully or partially refunded
- whether the family still owes the involved fee(s) or no longer owes the fee(s)
Questions to Guide You
Was the payment you'll be refunding originally made by ...
- check or cash (non-ePayment)?
- credit card or bank draft (ePayment)?
Is the money to be refunded ...
- the whole amount of the original payment (full refund)?
- only a portion of the original payment (partial refund)?
If the payment you are refunding had been partially or fully applied to a fee(s), will the customer be paying that fee(s) at a later date?
- If the family still owes the fee(s), their balance will increase to reflect this.
- If the family no longer owes the fee(s), their balance will not change.