Watch a (2:08) video tutorial on Sessions
If your business uses class-based billing, Class Sessions are important as they create 'time frames' for comparative analysis reporting. A session can cover an entire year or specific parts of a year (i.e. season) and is defined in the Drop-down List Editor with a start date, an end date, and a registration start date.
Even studios and schools that run perpetually should create Class Sessions, it can be as simple as by the calendar year which would allow you to look at the difference year over year in many areas including financial and enrollment.
Some examples of sessions are:
- 2018 (calendar year)
- 2018/2019 (school year)
- Winter 2018 (season/quarter year)
We strongly recommend you limit the Session Start/End dates for your Sessions to no more than 365 days. Sessions that exceed 365 days in length will not display as an option in the drop-downs when you go to post your tuition fees. There is no Session filter for businesses that use student-based billing.
To add a Session drop-down value:
- Point to Tools in the menu bar and select Edit Settings.
- On the left menu, choose Drop-down Lists.
- Select Session in the left menu, in the Class section.
- To add a class session, click Add Row. Add the Session Name. Note: When naming your sessions, shorter names will create shorter drop-down values which will reduce word-wrapping on your screens and reports.
- Optionally assign Start/End/Registration Start dates for the new session.Save time! When you assign a Session to a Class, that class will inherit the Start and End Dates you specify here. Don’t worry, these dates can be changed on individual classes if needed.
- Mark a session value Hide from customers if you want to prevent that session drop-down value from appearing to the parent when registering via your website or Parent Portal. This can be helpful for sessions created for internal use only or for sessions that are no longer current.Hiding the Session value from customers does NOT hide the classes in that session, it only prevents your customers from being able to filter using that Session value.
- Check the Hide from users box to prevent a session from appearing in the drop-down lists in your database or online. Over time you may find you have numerous past class sessions and don't need all of them to display in your Session drop-down choices.
- Click Save Changes.