Many actions in Jackrabbit create email notifications that will be sent to your staff, for example online registrations and Parent Portal payments. The Notifications page provides a centralized location to designate or edit the email addresses that these notifications are sent to. There are links provided that allow you to quickly navigate to other areas of your database where related settings are maintained.
Some of the settings found on the Notifications page can also found on the related settings pages. Any changes made to fields on this main notifications page will also be changed on those related settings pages and vice versa.
- Point to Tools on the menu bar and click Edit Settings.
- From the left menu select Notifications.
- Review the Organization, Location and User ID Emails in the first section. These email addresses are options displayed for the Reply To email address in the following tasks/actions: Email Families, Email Leads, Email Student Schedules, Email Class, Email Staff and Statements-Email. Note: The Reply To email address defaults to the User ID email address (the User currently logged in and performing the task).
- Designate emails for Online Web Registrations (new customers) and Parent Portal enrollments (existing customers) in the second section, Notifications from Customers using Online Web Registration or the Portal.
- In the third section, Notifications for ePayments, Texting, and Events:
- If you will be utilizing ePayments in Jackrabbit, assign an ePayment Receipt Reply To Email. This email address will receive notifications for credit card and bank draft payments. It will also be the Reply To email address where you will receive any replies to your ePayment receipt emails.
- If you will be utilizing Texting in Jackrabbit, designate a Texting Notification Email. This email address will receive any replies to texts that you have sent from your database. (When a recipient of a text sends a text reply it is converted to email.)
- Review the Event Type Notification Emails which are assigned on the Event Type > Summary tab. Click the link to an Event Type to make any necessary changes.
To specify multiple email addresses in any one email field list them separated by a semicolon, for example: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.