The Class/Event Revenue Summary report displays all revenue based on filters (Search Criteria) you select that is associated with a Class/Event such as Tuition Fees, Costume Fees, Competition Fees, Taxes, etc.
You can find this report in the Reports menu. Go to Reports > Transactions/Financials, Class/Event Revenue Summary under the Recommended tab.
- View average revenue per student.
- Analyze revenue by family location and/or class or event location.
- Format the report to show one line per Category 1 (Cat1) per class/event, or as a summary with one line per class/event.
If you use this report frequently, make it a Favorite Report for quick and easy access!
When creating the class schedule for your next session, you want to see which classes were most profitable per student. The classes with a lower average revenue per student can be offered on a different day and time or with a different instructor. Sort the report by the Avg Rev Per Student column to see classes in order of profitability from lowest to highest.
Run the Class/Event Revenue Summary report using these filters:
- Class/Event Location = EDU
- Class Session = Spring 2019
- Date Paid from 4/1/2019 through 4/30/2019
Use the Search Criteria to narrow the report results:
- If you have multiple locations in your database, you have the option to look at revenue based on the location on the family's record and/or the location where the class or event is held using the Class/Event Location criteria.
- Look at class/event revenue for a specific Class Session, selected Category 1, or use Select Class to review revenue for a particular class.
- Review payments received on a single date or for a range of dates. The date criteria are required fields.
Leaving a criteria selection blank is the same as saying "all".
Use the Display Settings to format your report:
- Calculate the enrollment as of a specific date or over a range of dates where the count is the highest number of students that were enrolled during that time. The enrollment criteria are required fields.
- Choose whether you want to see a separate line for revenue by Category 1 for each class/event (Detail) or you prefer to see only one line for all revenue in the class/event (Summary).
- You can opt to include any refunds issued for payments related to class/event fees or omit them.
- Sort the report either by Class, then Category 1 or by Category 1, then by Class.
The report results can be further customized with the ability to show or hide columns of information, sort columns, or modify column width.
Note: Depending on the width of the report, reduce the size/scale of the report so all the columns print.
- The Avg Rev Per Student is calculated as the revenue for the date range chosen divided by the enrollment for the selected time frame.
- Use the Class/Event link to quickly navigate to the class or event record.