Contributor(s): Amber Smith, Cay Carlson, Jorine Jones
We have compiled suggestions from Jackrabbit users to help you ensure your registrations are received, enrollments are correct, and fees and payments are processed.
Logistics for Registration Time
There are multiple ways for customers to register/enroll for classes - from your website/online (new customers only), through the Parent Portal (existing customers), in person, or on the phone. How you promote your classes can determine how customers register/enroll with you.
Consider some ideas from fellow users:
- Send an email to your existing students announcing the day that registration opens - you may want to offer Priority Enrollment for returning students. Include a link to the Parent Portal for easy access.
- Adjust the policy agreement date for your Parent Portal to the current date so all existing families must re-agree to policies, keeping agreements (legalese) up to date.
- Promote registration on your website with an opening date. If you use our class listings tables, your classes will be available on the date you have set for registration.
- Display signage for those visiting your facility.
- Set up temporary stations with tablets and or laptops, ready for walk-in registrations to ensure electronic signature on your policies.
- Staff up! If potential customers call in, encourage them to visit your website to register at their convenience. If existing customers, they can enroll through the Parent Portal.
You have promoted and opened your classes for registration and now you are overwhelmed - where do you begin? You will be notified via email when someone registers/enrolls. By setting up email rules in your email program, you can create folders to help you find registrations, manage the emails, and keep track of other valuable communication. Each business uses a different email program - please check with your email provider on how to set this up.
Watch your Jackrabbit Dashboard! As enrollments come in, your dashboard numbers for Web Registrations and Parent Portal enrollments will begin to rise. This area gives you a real-time count at your fingertips.
Is Everyone in the Right Class?
As your registrations come in, you may want to peek at each student’s classes. If your classes are based on age or skill requirements, this is the best way to ensure students are in the right class.
Jackrabbit can filter by age, however, parents have been known to 'work the system’. Jackrabbit does not have the ability to filter by skill level. Your class naming conventions and website verbiage may help in this area. If a student is not in the right class, you may have to remove the student from the class and contact the parent. Check for comments submitted:
- For new students, any comments from the registration form will show in the Notes field on the Misc tab of the Family record.
- For existing students, any comments from enrollment will show when clicking on the Parent Portal dashboard metric.
Posting Fees and Collecting Payments
Check each registration as they come in to verify the account is correct - make any adjustments to fees as needed. Depending on how your Online Registration is set up, you may have registration fees set to post automatically.
If your database is setup for Class Based Billing, you have the option to turn on auto-posting of tuition fees for Online Registrations and Parent Portal enrollments. Jackrabbit Care does not discount or prorate for you at this time. If you offer discounts and you choose to automatically post tuition fees, you should adjust the posted fees upon receipt of registration/enrollment.
If you are setup for Student Based Billing, you will need to assign the tuition rate that applies to the student and manually post the tuition fees that apply to the enrollment(s) received.
If your database is not set to automatically post fees, you can do this in one of two ways:
- Manually post the fees per family as each registration comes in.
- At the end of the day, post by batch using duplicate detection. Check out our Help section on Post Tuition using Student Based Billing or Post Tuition using Class Based Billing.
You may perform “checks and balances” to make sure everyone has had a fee posted. For example, run the Search from the Students menu with the value – No Tuition Fee Posted Since with a date selected. This will tell you if anyone was missed! You can check out our Best Practice article on Billing Time - Posting Tuition Fees and Collecting Payments Fast!
Once you have posted the fees to the family accounts – collect your payments. If you are setup to process ePayments, this is as easy as running a batch. With a few clicks, you can process multiple credit cards at the end of each day. For more information, check out our Help article on Processing Batch ePayments. If you prefer to run each card as they come in, you can certainly process individual payments as well.
The Communication That Follows
Jackrabbit sends a summary email to each family after they register online or enroll through the portal. This helps your parents feel confident that their child is enrolled. After you process payments, Jackrabbit will also email a receipt to each family.
Once registration has quieted, you can email families their students' schedules. If schedules are still changing, you can direct parents to the Parent Portal to view and print their student’s schedule.
High Level Recap of Steps:
- Monitor your registrations/enrollments coming in.
- Review each registration and enrollment confirmation, making changes as needed.
- Post Fees to families.
- Process Payments.
- Student Schedules.
Feel free to contact Support for additional assistance.