If you plan to use Jackrabbit's Parent Portal, be sure that you are aware of what ePayment options you’ll be offering (credit card &/or bank draft) and that you’ve updated your Jackrabbit settings accordingly.
There are two areas in the database where you will set up your Parent Portal ePayment options.
Credit Card/Bank Account Settings
- Point to Tools in the menu bar and select Credit Card/Bank Account Settings.
- Confirm that your Cards Accepted and Allow 3 credit cards per family/account selections are correct.
- Scroll down to the section for Parent Portal Settings.
- Set Credit Card Information to Can Update*, View Only, or Hidden. Note: This field is disabled if your database is not set up for ePayments. View Only means that the parent can see, but not edit or delete, their credit card information. Hidden means all credit card details are hidden from view.
- Set Bank Account Information to Can Update, View Only, or Hidden. Note: This field is disabled if your database is not set up for ePayments. View Only means that the parent can see, but not edit or delete, their bank account information. Hidden means all bank account details are hidden from view.
- Save Changes.
*If you allow multiple credit cards per family the following is true:
- If only one card is on file, the card can be updated but cannot be deleted.
- If two cards are on file, only one can be deleted, and if the Primary Card is deleted, the remaining card becomes the Primary Card.
- If three cards are on file, only two cards can be deleted. If the Primary Card is deleted, the parent must choose a Primary Card from the remaining cards or add a new card and make it the Primary Card.
Parent Portal Settings
Portal settings (Tools > Parent Portal > Settings) are covered in full in our Help article Set Up the Parent Portal, however, several of those settings are directly related to processing ePayments in the Portal.
Family Information Settings
Update ePayment Schedule
Allows the parent to update the family's ePayment Schedule (located on the Billing Info tab of the family record).
Update Membership Type
Allows the parent to update the family's Membership Type (located on the Billing Info tab of the family record).
Fees & Payments Settings
If you have ePayments set up through a Jackrabbit provider select this to add a Pay Now button and allow families to proactively submit payments online.
Portal Users Can (payment options)
Select a payment mode from four options that determine how flexible you are about what fees can be paid, or if you allow partial payment:
- Only pay balance in full - Users can only pay the balance.
- Select which fees to pay in full - Users can choose which fee they want to pay in full.
- Select which fees to pay (in full or partial amount): Users can make any payment amount to any fee.
- Change payment amount (payment is applied to oldest fee) Users can change the payment amount, but cannot choose which fees to pay. If there are no fees, users can make a prepayment.