Portal settings (Tools > Parent Portal > Settings) are covered in full in our Help article Set Up the Parent Portal.
Several of those settings are directly related to processing ePayments in the Portal.
Family Information Settings
Update ePayment Schedule
Allows the parent to update the family's ePayment Schedule (located on the Billing Info tab of the family record).
Update Membership Type
Allows the parent to update the family's Membership Type (located on the Billing Info tab of the family record).
Credit Card and Bank Account Information
Determines how the parent is able to manage their payment method:
- Can Update allows parents to update and delete credit card and/or bank account information. If you allow multiple credit cards per family the following is true:
If only 1 card is on file, the card can be updated but cannot be deleted.
If 2 cards are on file, only 1 can be deleted, and if the Primary Card is deleted, the remaining card becomes the Primary Card.
If 3 cards are on file, only 2 cards can be deleted. If the Primary Card is deleted, the parent must choose a Primary Card from the remaining cards or add a new card and make it the Primary Card.
- View Only means that the parent can see, but not edit or delete, their credit card and/or bank account information.
- Hidden means all credit card and/or bank account details are hidden from view.
Fees & Payments Settings
If you have ePayments set up through a Jackrabbit provider select this to add a Pay Now button and allow families to proactively submit payments online.
Portal Users Can (payment options)
Select a payment mode from 4 options that determine how flexible you are about what fees can be paid, or if you allow partial payment:
- Only pay balance in full - Users can only pay the balance.
- Select which fees to pay in full - Users can choose which fee they want to pay in full.
- Select which fees to pay (in full or partial amount): Users can make any payment amount to any fee.
- Change payment amount (payment is applied to oldest fee) Users can change the payment amount, but cannot choose which fees to pay. If there are no fees, users can make a prepayment.