If you already have your family and student information in another software system, we can assist you in importing it into your Jackrabbit database at no charge. Please see our Imports page for additional information on this process. Contact our Imports Team at email@example.com.
Watch a (2:49) video tutorial on Adding Families and Students
To manually enter your existing family data, and whenever you need to add a new family to your database, the most efficient method is to use the Quick Registration/Add Family form. This form is essentially the same as the Web Registration Form your parents will use to register from your website, but this form is used internally by your staff. Settings for the Quick Registration form follow the settings you choose for your Web Registration Form from the Tools menu > Online Web Registration Settings.
When you are getting started, it is not necessary to customize the Web Registration/Quick Registration form; however, at a later time, it can be edited to include the fields that are important to your organization (See the Web Registration Form topic for details on editing and customizing your registration form).
- Point to Families in the menu bar, then click Quick Registration/Add Family.
- Enter the information for the Family and Student(s). Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields.
- You can submit the form without selecting class(es) for student(s) or you can choose to select classes and enroll the student now. For more detailed information on enrolling a student see the Help article Enroll a New Family / Student(s) using Quick Registration/Add Family in the How To Guide: Students section.
- If you do enroll a student in a class, you'll have the option of posting fees. If you choose not to post fees at this time, simply click Close Window.
- After you've posted fees (or clicked Close Window), you're directed to the newly created Family's Summary page. Take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the tabs for the Family. For example, the Transactions tab lists the fees and payments posted to the family.
The details of the Quick Registration are saved to the family's record and are viewable from the Misc tab > View Registrations.
If you did not enroll a student during Quick Registration/Add Family, there are several other ways to enroll students. Each is briefly described below. For more details see the Enroll / Register articles in the How to Guide section: Students.
- Click Weekly View on the Executive Dashboard to view the Class Calendar. Hover over a class and click Enroll or Quick Reg.
- Click Enroll Students from the Class Summary tab.
- Click Enroll from the Family Summary tab.
- Click Enroll from the Student Summary tab.
- Point to Students in the menu bar and click List Active Students or List All Students. Click Enroll.